Sunday, December 22, 2013

Desires Flame

About a year ago, my buddy +Hunter Shotz told me that he was tired of writing short fiction.

"But Hunter," I said. "You're great at it."

"I know," Hunter replied with typical modesty. "But I'm bored with it. I want to write a novel."

"I'd like to write a novel too," I said. "But who has time?"

"Everyone," Hunter said. "Have you fucking seen Amazon lately?"

He had a point. And I knew there was a novel inside me, waiting to get written. The key was sitting down and actually getting the work done.

A year later, my first novel, "Desire's Flame" is finished. It was a lot of work. It was, honestly, more work than I'd ever imagined it could be. And I think in the end, it is the perfect representation of where I'm at as an artist and who I am as a person.

Romantic but not a romance. Erotic but not just about fucking. Exploring new relationships and new types of relationships. Always dangerous, especially when provoked.

It is a one of a kind book, but then, I'm a one of a kind girl.

"Desires Flame" is available as an eBook and paperback from Amazon.com, and as an eBook on Barnes and Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment